Proper operation of a boiler requires an integral system approach.
AQUAPROX offers a set of programmes for maximising a boiler system’s performance and efficiency.
Your steam production must be safe and efficient.
AQUAPROX’s innovative programmes enable water and energy savings to be made, and increase the reliability and safety of the installation
AQUAPROX PRODUCT RANGE
|AQUAPROX RANGE||APPLICATION||FOR WHAT NEEDS?||FOR WHAT SECTORS?|
|AQUAPROX® BC||Mono-functional products: Oxygen reducer, Anticorrosion, Alkalising agent, Phosphatising agent, etc.||Maintenance of high-, low- and medium-pressure boilers top-fed with softened, permeated or demineralised water||Industry
Institutional and Residential
|AQUAPROX® BCD||Multi-functional products: Full treatment of boilers and condensates networks.|
|AQUAPROX® AF||Complete film-forming products without contributing to boiler mineral
A distinction is drawn between the various specific equipment items for industrial boilers. All are aimed at the same objective: to optimise the boiler’s operation and yield. They include mainly pretreatment equipment, deaerators, blow-down fittings and energy recovery tanks. In all these cases, AQUAPROX can help you install the most suitable equipment item for your configuration.
- Pretreatments (softening, osmosis, demineralisation) enable better-quality water to be injected into the boilers, thereby enabling optimised efficiency levels.
- Installation of a thermal deaerator enables mechanical removal of the oxygen dissolved in the feed tank’s water, which entails a major corrosion risk, thereby avoiding an excessively large consumption of chemical oxygen reducing agent. Therefore, the boiler’s efficiency is improved.
- Management of blow-downs using a conductivity sensor enables optimal physical and chemical parameters to be maintained in the boiler, guaranteeing better functioning.
- Blow-downs can be recovered via a flash tank which will recover the thermal energy contained in the blow-down to heat up top-up water and thereby take an operating load off the deaerator.
Industry concerned The agrofood industry
Issues to be dealt with
- Use of steam in contact with foodstuffs. The quality of Food-Grade Steam
- The issue of acid corrosion in the food tank topped up with permeated, softened water (pH = approx. 5.0)
- Biomass boiler – mixed (water tube and passage through a fire tube)
The treatments principle adopted
- Food safety: The proposed treatment products comply with the recommendations of the AFSSA (French Food Safety Agency).
- Elimination of acid corrosion in the food tank and prevention of deposits in the boiler:
The AQUAPROX BC 6001 alkaline phosphate (AFSSA) dosage required to prevent deposits building up in the boiler and to neutralise the acid pH of the permeated water will be injected at the softeners outlet, with a servo-control link to the softened water meter; this modification will enable the acidity in the tank to be eliminated and corrosion of it to be avoided, regardless of the quantity of returns. The dosage will be secured via an automatic control with an alarm signal sent via GSM.
- Elimination of corrosion due to oxygen: The oxygen reducing agent will be dosed by injecting alkaline sulphites into the food tank. Aquaprox 2349 will enable the dissolved oxygen (which is a corrosion source) to be reduced completely and effectively.
- Condensates pH neutralisation: The acidity of the condensates will be neutralised using a dosage of food-grade caustic soda in the condensates returns tank, which allows an alkaline pH to be maintained on the returns and compliance with the AFSSA’s recommendations.
The installation of this treatment in combination with an installations monitoring contract enabled the following:
- Securing the installations — No deposits in the boiler – No corrosion of the food tank and return fittings – No production shutdown due to breakage or perforation of the installations. – GSM warning system to enable intervention before any major problem occurs.
- Compliance with the food standards for treatment reagents – Compliance with the AFSSA’s recommendations – No more amines dosing to neutralise the steam.
- Reduction of operating costs – Savings on the quantities of boiler treatment products used – Monitoring and management of supplies of water treatment products by AQUAPROX – Contract on a per m3 of water basis.